Audio Interface is what? Fundamentally understand: this is the system of communication and exchange of sound on the computer (audio in, out). More specifically it transforms analog signal (physical waveform) into digital signals (digital). Interface Audio Quality depends on the system, and the only chip sampling (sample: like bit rate). With the sound quality of the CD 1 is 16bit, 44.1 kHz. We can select one audio interface quality analog sampling. But why most choose to sample many times higher?
I found this article from Soldierstudio to choose the best so you can find out at here for more information. The purpose of the select high bit rate is to collect more precise movements of the sound wave. At the same time, the sound will not be much loss during processing. With 1 home recording, so to take samples from> = 24bit and> = 44.1 kHz. If you have higher requirements, such as DVD-quality sound: Select Audio interface supports 32 bits and 192 kHz.
How about the types of audio interface
On the market are three common types, are distinguished through the exchange of information between the interface and Computer Audio
- Type Firewire: Firewire is a signal line dedicated to multimedia. Use this type if your condition allows. It will avoid the effects of an item of other hardware, as well as conflict – leading to reduced quality audio- USB Type: communicate with your computer via USB 2.0 or 1.1 ports, this kind of maneuver and easy to install, but sometimes in one of a good interface will not prone to noise…
- PCI or PC-card type: This type of plug directly into your computer via PCI (or PC-cards for notebook) cheaper two types remaining 1 bit, but mobility is limited. Previously this type is common, but gradually being replaced by more specialized firewire
Choosing Audio interface:
Select Audio interfaces will also decide how you will use the software to record. Since one soft professional recording will only suitable for certain types of interfaces allowing 1. VD: Mute could only operate with MUTO soundcard or Protocol only works with supported interfaces. Reference should support the ability of the company before buying Audio Interface. An appropriate Audio recording interfaces will support ASIO or WDM, GSIF, and Core Audio … sampling :> = 48 kHz> = 24bit.
Microphones and associated equipment
Microphones have three types: Dynamic, Ribbon, and Condenser. 3 This type of nature and how to use different relative.
Dynamic Type: A type of plastic membrane microphone pressure sound waves get converted into electromagnetic oscillations and transmit on the receiving device. This type is not as sensitive microphones, and condenser mic with ribbon mic because thick plastic film but tolerate high volume sound, withstand shock, sweat, saliva and thus suitable for the stage. Ability to acquire narrower band mic condenser lot. 200Hz to 10 kHz usually around. It will usually go first filter frequency noise. Thus Dynamic mic condenser mic does not collect such periodicals. In the studio, this type of microphone is used to collect the drums.
The lowest price about 3 categories microphone.
Ribbon mic type: dynamic microphones but also the type of membrane is a very thin ribbon of metal. This type of microphone is very sensitive and the most expensive. Used very well to collect musical instruments like a saxophone.
Condenser type: common type and versatile microphones in the studio, webbed metal or metal-coated membrane is extremely thin. This microphone sources should receive “phantom power” (phantom power) 48V can work. This microphone type more expensive but cheaper types of a dynamic ribbon mic. With characteristic is the ability to record sensitive. Tapes recorded very wide, allowing collection not misses the sound. However this is also the first limited because of noise prone prejudice, thus requiring 1 or 1 good soundproofing quiet space. DC does not usually use to sing live show as easily is noise. Micro is designed for recording audio directions: directional – catching sound in the front direction, one – catch the sound around, cardioids – catch the sound front and around the front, figure 8 (bi-directional) – catching sound in the front and back, etc … condenser microphone can also be multi-directional adjustment type receiver. In studio condenser mic used most recording capability for precise sound sensitivity. Condenser microphone also requires its power comes first called Phantom Power. Phantom power is often built on the DC mixer, audio interface or preamp.
Accessories necessary with a microphone
- Microphone Stand: Foot for mic – to stabilize during the singing microphone
- Shock Mount: Shock for your mic. Restrict collisions, noise (noise of the collision, or this may damage the receiver, even staging mic ruin, your expensive audio)
- Pop filter: The membrane prevents the buzz generated by the breath
To have one good home studio mic condenser use, choose to buy one mic condenser suit your requirements. After having Audio Interface, and microphone, we select one audio processing software suitable
Audio processing software studio (DAW) decides a lot of first-quality recordings. But one program or should have one good workmanship, musical ability and your talent. One soft expensive is not necessarily cheaper by one soft if you exploit all the features DC
The music software that contains all the audio processing tools the following:
- Volume (also known as Fader) to adjust the volume to small.
- Equalizer (also called EQ) to increase or decrease the bass frequencies Fellowship (bass, treble).
- Pan (also known as Panpot: panorama position) to arrange the sound between the two left and right speakers.
- Compressor for compressing audio and gather again – a stable oscillation of sound.
- Delay to create effective width to the sound.
Reverb effect to create depth to the sound. Also, there is other plugins FX helps adjust or create more effective chord to sound like vocoder, phaser, flanger, chorus, dis